Disclaimers and Disclosures
Last updated on September 24, 2018.
1. Fairlead Tactics, Starting Line, and Sector Deep Dive are newsletters which, along with related publications, this website, and other services (collectively, the “Newsletters”) are published by Fairlead Strategies, LLC (the “Publisher”) and offered to the general public on a subscription basis.
2. Fairlead Strategies, LLC is registered as an investment adviser with the state of Connecticut, and only transacts business in states where it is properly registered or is excluded or exempted from registration requirements.
3. Newsletter subscribers will receive the benefit of the commentary, analysis, opinions, advice and recommendations of the editors employed by the Publisher (the “Editors”). The Newsletters are impersonal and do not provide individualized advice or recommendations for any specific subscriber or portfolio.
4. The Editors may directly or indirectly own the securities which are the subject of the commentary, analysis, opinions, advice in the Newsletters. They will disclose this in the Newsletters and will not engage in any unlawful or unethical personal trading, as detailed in Fairlead Strategies, LLC’s Code of Ethics which is available upon request.
5. Investing involves substantial risk. Neither the Editors, the Publisher, nor any of their respective affiliates make any guarantee or other promise as to any results that may be obtained from using the Newsletters. While past performance may be analyzed in the Newsletters, past performance should not be considered indicative of future performance. No subscriber should make any investment decision without first consulting his or her own personal financial advisor and conducting his or her own research and due diligence, including carefully reviewing the prospectus and other public filings of the issuer. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Editors, the Publisher and their respective affiliates disclaim any and all liability in the event any information, commentary, analysis, opinions, advice and/or recommendations in the Newsletters prove to be inaccurate, incomplete or unreliable, or result in any investment or other losses.
6. The Newsletters’ commentary, analysis, opinions, advice and recommendations represent the personal and subjective views of the Editors, and are subject to change at any time without notice. The Editors have no obligation to update, modify or amend the Newsletters or to otherwise notify a subscriber thereof in the event that any matter stated therein, or any opinion, project on, forecast or estimate set forth therein, changes or subsequently becomes inaccurate.
7. The information provided in the Newsletters is obtained from sources which the Editors believe to be reliable. However, the Editors have not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. Neither the Editors, the Publisher, nor any of their respective affiliates guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information.
8. The Newsletters are not a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any securities.
9. Subscribers may submit questions to the Editors by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, since the Newsletters are impersonal and do not provide individualized advice for specific subscribers, the Editors may only answer questions of a general nature about the markets or specific securities.
10. Any subscriber who would like a copy of these “Disclaimers and Disclosures” may request a copy by emailing email@example.com, whereupon a copy will be sent to such subscriber at the address or number provided.